Scam Continues... Beware of Citibank's "In Case of Emergency Information Update" Call

Argh... I hate to admin it but the scam continues...While I know that this is not a Citibank scam but I believe that they are still responsible for the acts of their accredited telemarketing companies. Anyways, here's what happened.

Just last week, I got a call from (I can't remember the name) saying that he is calling on behalf of Citibank. He said that he was just updating records and so to my innocence and willingness to participate, I entertained his call. So he started asking for in case of emergency contact information. I gave my mom's name and our phone number. Then he asked for her birthday. I asked him, "is it really needed?" And he said for records only. I admit, I was puzzled after that conversation. I kept on recalling if I have given other information like account numbers. Duh! That can be a telephone hypnotism. Fortunately, there's none.

After a few days, I received a supplementary card from Citibak under my mom's name. Gee. So that was the call all about. They are asking for information to gain more leads. I know that they can get commissions for approved supplementary cards. I just felt deceived.

I know that I should have been forewarned with this kind of calls but this is different.If you receive such call, even from other credit card companies or establishments, I suggest that don't provide any other information even complete name. Keep in mind to trust no one over the phone especially if we don't know the origin of the call. At times like this, directly contact your provider then verify if they have such campaigns or doing some updates. 

For credit card companies especially to CITIBANK, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR AUTHORIZED TELEMARKETING COMPANIES ARE NOT DECEIVING  YOUR CLIENTS LIKE ME. YOU MIGHT LOSE GOOD CREDITORS IF THIS WILL CONTINUE. 

See other SCAMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails