Mother's Day Gift, Celebration and Commemoration

According to Wikipedia, "Mother's Day is an annual holiday that recognizes mothers, motherhood and maternal bonds in general, as well the positive contributions that they make to society. In the United States, it is celebrated on the second Sunday in May."

In the Philippines, Mother's Day is also celebrated every second Sunday of the month of May.  When I got my first corporate job, I promised myself to celebrate the Mother's Day to honor and thank my Nanay for all her love and sacrifices to raise us all. And so, I always make sure that I have a gift for her or we go out to have dinner. Just simple things that I know my Nanay would remind her that she's really special.

On Sunday (May 9), I've decided to celebrate the Mother's Day in a resort. My sisters, who are also mothers now will join us. I know this will a very exciting family gathering again but I still got one problem left, I still don't have gifts for them... gee...

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails